Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Cup of Tea May Not Be Made of Mosaic

Just as I said I would post, here are my completed, grouted glass mosaics. One is my house number and one is a flying kite. I put the house number mosaic on a cast iron stand on the front porch. I have not exactly decided what to do with the little kite yet. This was a fun class. However, it may not be exactly my cup of tea. It requires a lot of space for inventory and a special place for cutting. You just cannot take a notion and suddenly decide to make a glass mosaic something with any ease. I bet this house number thing weighs 10 lbs. I did learn a lot. Plus, I was developing my style. For example, I learned that I like for my mosaics to have lots of grout showing.


2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I love these! The colors are so pretty and I, too, prefer lots of grout.

Lisa said...

Hmmm....I must me a minimalist when it comes to grout. The house number 'thingy' is my favorite.

Blog Archive