Friday, January 15, 2010

Art Deco Play


I love art deco design. I love to look at architecture from that period. Chicago has many buildings from that time. Obviously, New York does too as the empire state building and chrysler building were built in that time period. I love art deco designed jewelry. I think houses in the art deco decor are fabulous. Do I wish to live in one? No. It would seem too cold for my tastes but I can still admire its beauty, right? I am odd like that or maybe I am not. Maybe everyone feels this way but I like the 'idea' of many things. Do I want them all for myself? Not so much. My own decor tastes are more contemporary to traditional. I do love the idea of living in a city loft with concrete floors and pipes running across the ceiling. That just suits my tastes right down to the ground. In this little piece, I was learning and practicing some photoshop functions while thinking of how much I like deco while not for me but for someone else like this lady. This is the result. It is not my best but I learned a lot. I put a gothic chair among the other deco items. Why? I just liked it that way.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

nice composition. Love the deco background.

Blog Archive