Monday, January 25, 2010

Only A Mother Could Love Him


"Let's get busy" must have been what Nigel said today. I have had some little porcelain birds that I sit around the house in various locations just to bring cheer. Today, I think he must have used each one of them as a hockey puck. I found them scattered all over the house, headless, wingless,  or legless. How do I know he did it? As soon as I walked in, he ran over to one of the beheaded and looked up at me sort of glowing as if to say "Look Mom, I killed a bird." When I was WAY younger, I would have cared and I would have probably been upset about it. Now, that I am older I realize these are just things. The most important things in this house have beating hearts. He may have a dark heart or he may simply have a mischievious heart but standing over that beheaded bird, he looked like one of Raphael's angels to me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, Nigel, Nigel, Nigel.....what are we going to do with you?

Blog Archive