Friday, January 29, 2010

History

Do you like history? I love it. When I was younger, I did not have a proper appreciation or respect for history. There are many facets to history. One facet is that there is so much to learn about the present from the past. That is just one facet. The facet that I appreciate the most is the fact that I do not want to ever lose sight of those that paid valuable prices in the past in order to learn or in order to forge ahead and make the world a better place for all of us to live. We are only interlopers here. We are born. We stay awhile, some longer than others but the minute you are born, you are destined to die to this world. We can honor past interlopers of the ages by remembering them. I do not know this is her but I am pretending this statue is a depiction of Queen Boudica. Some say she was the original Queen of England. Most of what we know about her is from historical writings of the Romans. Odd, isn't it that what we know of her was recorded by her enemies? There are many oddities and paradoxes in this world. However, the one thing I am convinced of is that there is no such thing as a coincidence. The Romans recorded that Boudica had long red hair and wore colorful capes. That is what I tried to capture here.

No comments:

Blog Archive