Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tidings

This Sugar Plum Fairy brings you Christmas Tidings. My Sugar Plum Fairy is trying to keep warm in the garage.

I love Charles Dickens most particularly "The Christmas Carol". We have a family tradition of watching "The Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott every Christmas Eve. I loved it for so many years but when my niece grew up loving it too, I was so very happy. She and I have many traits in common. I know that must make her 'cringe'. It is an odd feeling that I know parents must have. It is wonderful to see your traits in a younger generation yet you hope these same traits are more honed and refined in these younger ones than they were in yourself. What I am saying is, I am flattered that my niece possesses many traits like myself yet I hope she becomes so much more than I ever was. I hope she can take these traits to more auspicious heights.

Do you like my new house shoes? Nigel cannot take his eyes off of them. He is constantly studying them. While I sleep, he carries them off. I think he fears a new animal has overtaken his mother's feet.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Those are a riot! I can see why Nigel wants to play with them.

Blog Archive