Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What is essential?

I can think of many blog post topics...until I sit down to write one. Something interesting happened today. I have an old flatware set that I have had about 30 years. I like it very much. I have always been  conscientious to keep up with all of the pieces. I noticed awhile back that there is a knife, spoon and fork missing. Often, I have looked for them but figured I must have accidentally tossed them in the garbage or they were stuck in the disposal or someone took them off or something. Today, I found them at work!! I was cleaning out my desk and there they were wrapped up in a dish towel. Funny how I obsess over that flatware when I seem so very intent to get rid of everything else I own. I suppose it makes sense though. I mean a person needs a fork, spoon and knife regardless where they live. What does this have to do with this lady below reading a letter? Nothing. The letter is filling her head with lovely thoughts.

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

This almost reminds me of a Vermeer painting! I'm a big letter writer so am always attracted to anything having to do with them.

Glad you found your flatware! We'll be moving in June and I'm sure I'll run across many articles I thought were lost.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a picnic for one at work.

Blog Archive