Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Golden Christmas Ballet

I have noticed when decorating for Christmas that I am continually attracted to the color gold. I would not have guessed that about myself as I am a silver person. I love silver. I almost always wear white metals. I love the frostiness of it. I do wear yellow metals too but my strong preference for myself is white. But when it comes to Christmas, yellow seems so right. I love gold and red together.

What is your favorite Christmas music? Do you have a favorite carol? Nothing reminds me of Christmas more than The Nutcracker Suite. A few years ago, my niece was in a performance of it. It definitely left an impression on me. The Sugar Plum Fairy and her cavalier perform a pas de deux near to the end of the ballet to an unforgettable piece of music. It is hauntingly beautiful. I also love The Nutcracker March.( In retrospect, I suppose it is not odd after all that I named a cat Sugar Plum.)


Never Look Back
Only Look Ahead

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

When my students do journal writing every Tuesday and Thursday, I always put some instrumental music on and this week we listened to "The Nutcracker Suite." They really liked it especially since some of them had gone to NYC for their senior class trip and had gone to Radio city Music Hall to see it.

Blog Archive