Saturday, December 18, 2010

Frosty the Night Was

Hey, it finally got cold! Last night was so odd for me. I could not get warm! When I went to bed, my legs were freezing! I lay there for a few minutes thinking that I would warm up any second. I would warm up to my normal steaming, sweating self. It did not happen. My legs continued to freeze. I touched them. They felt like ice logs! Well, maybe more like ice jello but ice none the less. So then, I got up and changed clothes. I put on a fleece sweat suit. Did you understand that? I put on a fleece sweat suit! Fortunately, I had one stored high on a shelf collecting dust in my closet just in case another ice age sets in. I kept my summer gown nearby certain of the fact that I would be changing back into it sometime during the night. Guess what? It didn't happen. I woke up this morning warm and toasty in my fleece sweat suit with my down blanket still on me. Plus, did I mention that I have flannel sheets on the bed?? This is simply amazing. Maybe it really was cold last night. Maybe I was sick. However, this morning when I awoke, I looked outside to find a heavy frost had fallen all over everything in sight.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

I love cold nights. We always sleep with a fan in the window even in the winter. Of course, we have layers and layers of blankets over us!

I like your stylish girl walking in the frosty night! And the moon!

Blog Archive