Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Lunar Eclipse...and no vampires were even present!

Today around midnight, I went out to set up all of my stuff for some serious lunar eclipse watching. I knew I would be there for a couple of hours. Sugar Plum was so psyched about it. He did not understand about the eclipse (at least I don't think he did, just an assessment on my part) but he definitely understood we were going to have some fun. After awhile, I zipped him up inside my coat and we both stuck our heads out of the neck. He really liked that. I could tell by all of the loud purring to which I was being subjected. Sometimes we would just play and not watch the eclipse. I mean, it is not like there is something happening every second during a lunar eclipse. We didn't see any reindeer flying around but we looked for some. The sky has been so pretty the last couple of nights leading up to the eclipse that I just had to post some pictures of the blue sky with pink clouds.

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Lucky you to have such pretty skies lately. We haven't seen the sun in days, never mind the moon! No chance of seeing the eclipse. Did you stay awake for it?

Cindy said...

Linda, Sugar Plum and I stayed awake for every bit of the eclipse. I was very lucky that the sky was clear. The moon was more 3 dimensional than I have ever seen it. It looked just like an exhibit you would see in science class. It looked like a big rubber ball hanging in the sky.

Blog Archive