Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Man and his little Hippo

It is Father's Day. Maybe that is why the last dream I had before I awoke this morning was of my dad. My dad is no longer of this life. He has been gone from it for 10 years now. He is in another life now one I cannot  begin to comprehend.

My dad speaks to me a lot via dreams. At least, that is what I believe. In this dream I had this morning, I was sitting all alone in a big stadium. I was up high in the stands. I could have been sitting in the front row after all, all of the other seats were empty. But no, for some reason I preferred the midway up the stadium seats. I knew a rodeo had just ended at this stadium. I do not think I was at the rodeo. I had no memory of it yet I knew a rodeo had just concluded. Then, I see a man coming out one of the gates ambling along in a manner slowly. He was leading a baby hippo. They slowly walked to the middle of the arena and the man lead his little hippo around in some circles and was speaking to it in a kind and soft way. I realized the man was my dad and this hippo was his new pet. I tried to call to him. "Daddy, hey, I am up here!!" He did not look up. I yelled louder. "Hey, daddy, did you get a hippo???" He did not respond. Suddenly, I hear a voice over the public announcement speaker. It is the voice of my mom. My mom says "Cindy, he cannot hear you where he is." I can't see her but I talk back to her "Yes, he can mom. He hears me. Look, he is looking at me." and he was. Again, I call down to him "Daddy, did you get a hippo?" and he said "Yes, he is my new pet." I call down, "Ah...I love him!! Daddy, I always knew you loved animals just like me." then, he called up to me "I named him Trap." Then, in the dream, I thought to myself "There is just nothing cuter than a man and his pet baby hippo."


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

That was some weird dream. It's odd but I don't dream about my parents at all. Wish I did!

Blog Archive