Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ollie Wants a Toothbrush

Usually I keep my bathroom door shut all of the time because there are too many tempting baubles in there for little curious paws to confiscate. For example, I had a beautiful, plush make up brush that was almost brand new only having used it a few times. Once, I forgot to close the bathroom door and went off to work. I came home to find my beautiful make up brush all spit covered and extremely dirty with lots of hair torn out of it. I washed it and still use it but not for its original, intended purpose.

The other day, I came out of the bathroom and left the door open...again. I was planning on going back in there shortly so I thought it might be safe to leave the door open for a short time. Wrong! In no time at all, I heard 'goings on' in there...little, tinkling sounds, moving, scraping...something falling. I had left a pair of earrings in there that I am particularly fond of so I immediately went to check on them thinking I would probably find them missing perhaps permanently. When I arrived into the bathroom, my earrings were right where I had left them. Good. But what was that noise I had heard? What was missing? I saw my toothbrush laying on the base of the toilet. Ooogey!!! No way was I going to use that again. Fortunately, I always keep a spare. (Note to self: buy another spare toothbrush.)

There have been times when the vet has told me that I needed to brush my cats teeth. I have tried and well, to say it is not an easy thing is a bit of an under statement. I suppose there is hope they can brush their own teeth now.Apparently, there is at least an interest in the possibility.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Too funny! I can just see it happening!

Blog Archive