Monday, December 5, 2011

Design Style

What is your design style? When it comes to home interiors, I love modern. I like the sleekness, the clean lines, the no frills aspect of modern. The more pared down, the more it appeals to me. I love for window coverings to be as simple as possible. I do not like a luxuriously draped window. Fabric hanging about that can catch dust does not appeal to me. I am similar when it comes to clothing. I do not like ruffles, lace or embellishments. I do not like for my clothing to have a lot of needless fabric. I like for it to be sleek. If I was going to buy another house which I am not sure I ever will again, I would get a mid century modern house. I love the lines of those even if they are a simple ranch design. Even galley kitchens appeal to me. I like straight, clean lines. Someday when I move, I doubt I will buy. I am kind of tired being tied to the money pit. I want to be able to leave something easily when I grow bored with it but all that remains to be seen for the time being. We will see what feels right when the time comes.

These houses in Dallas are the types of houses that I like. However, every city has a large section of 1950's houses because most of our American cities are so young.

Be safe. Be happy!

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I like simple, clean lines, too, but I prefer older furniture that has history to it. I like the stuff around my home to have personal meaning to me, not be just aesthetically pleasing. For example, I have a bunch of letters my husband wrote to me when I was in college and I tied them with a ribbon and have them displayed. And, Gary has a scale model of a Stearman biplane that he made twenty years ago and we have that in the living room. A designer would not approve but I don't care. Those things are part of our lives and deserve a place of honor.

Cindy said...

I absolutely agree, Linda. My mom gave me a painting she bought when she first got married. That is my most prized possession even though I am sure it is worthless to anyone except my family. It will always have a place of honor as long as anyone lives that knows the story of it.