Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lemonade


I love lemonade. I think it is my favorite drink next to coffee.

I haven't said anything about my Jakester lately. You know Jake, my moon and stars. In case anyone is wondering, I still love him...lots!

As my mom is aging, I am learning so much about her. I suppose what she used to feel she needed to keep close to the vest, she does not anymore. She just spills the beans so to speak. She had four daughters but apparently she did not want ANY daughters or sons either in the beginning. We are not a prolific people. I see now it must be part of our DNA handed down from someone long in our pasts. We are one. Never reproducing or reproducing once. Then die. That is mostly the story of my family. We are shooting stars without spectators. Sparkle then die leaving nothing behind not even a memory.
 

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

You sound a bit down today. I imagine hearing that you were not wanted could do that to you. I don't agree that we don't leave memories, though. Bits of us are everywhere. I'll remember you!

Cindy said...

Thank you, Linda! You are wonderful and I will certainly remember you too. I think what got me on that vein of thought was I watched a program about Marcus Aurelius who built most of Rome and I bet most people could hardly tell you anything about him at all. That is the nature of our temporal world.