Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So What About Nigel?

The name of this blog is Nigel's Mom. Then, why am I always blogging about the Jakester, Ollie and Henri Laurent with rarely a mention of the Nige?

Honestly, Nigel and I have an odd relationship. I must admit the harsh truth. I do not think Nigel likes me. There, I said it. Believe me, he knows how to yank my chain. He is super smart. He seems to regard me with disdain. He knows Jake and Ollie are extremely smitten with me. I see him looking at them like "You silly saps! You are falling for exactly all of the things she wants you to fall for!"

Henri loves me but not with as much fervor as Ollie and Jake. Those two cannot contain their exuberance when we start to play. Nigel will segregate himself from us, watching us from afar giving us looks of disapproval as if humans and cats should never fraternize.

Nigel resorts to vandalism. I have mentioned here before and provided evidence of his mischief. His latest antic was this. Last night, when I got home, I saw him pilfering my purse. He was looking inside it for something to 'lift'. He found my lanyard and was trying to sneak off with it but I caught him and hastily stuffed it into the bottom of my purse again, then, put away my purse. I did not put it away securely enough though.

This morning, I found my lanyard all chewed up. I should have known he was up to something last night when he got right behind me while I was watching television and proceeded to cough, spit, hack, gag and act like a deisel truck was stuck in his throat. I kept turning around looking at him at which time he would glare right back at me as if he was saying 'Save my life, woman! What is wrong with you? Can't you see I need the heimlich maneuver?" Little did I know it was because he was destroying my property.

He looks sweet but he is acting.


Destroyed property

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

He does look cute all fluffy and golden! Love your story. It gave me a chuckle this morning!