Tuesday, February 7, 2012

De-cluttering and other "de-s"

Look at this! Anyone familiar with this bookcase will know I really de-cluttered! It was difficult! How do you decide which books you will no longer keep on the shelf? In the library business, we call this weeding. Wow, did I weed! I got it down to a few necessary volumes. By all means, keep the cookie recipe book out! Plus, you never know when you might need to reference a Harry Potter volume or a book about Henry VIII.


I even decluttered the columbarium and made it look more formal. A little insight here, usually more than I freely give; see that urn box on the right with the white cat hugging a pink heart that says "I love you"  and the black depiction of Bastet atop it? That is my kitten, Russell Lee in there and I cannot touch that box without tearing up. The energy coming off that box is powerful stuff! I could be blind folded and someone could hand me that box and I would still tear up. I know it seems weird yet it is true. There are odd things in this universe of ours, aren't there? Fascinating too.

Plus, I left a few pictures of a few of my 'human' loved ones in there. Sometimes my humans like to know that I care about them too.

Today is a big 'de' day for Jacob! He is getting as they call it 'de-sexed'. Ouch! It may hurt a little now but he will be a much better cat for it later. The odor surrounding the boy lately has not been that pleasingly fragrant. He is getting microchipped too in case I ever lose track of  the little whipper snapper somehow, someway. Look, it has happened before but this time, I will not be caught unprepared should it ever happen again.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Bookcases are my favorite things. I love fixing them up and displaying stuff to make my space cozy. I have one of those wooden boxes. A furniture store gave them out to all seniors and I still have mine after forty-five years. Hope Henri will do fine!