Thursday, February 16, 2012

She Art With Words

I got the words on my She Art describing me with the best phrase I could think of as it pertains to me. What do you think of it? I plan to do a 'sister' She Art piece of this one which might be used as a jumping off point for the design of my new den. Of course, I do not believe I am saving the world or that it is even possible for me to save it. Still, I would like to in the sense that I want to show love to creatures that would otherwise know none. I don't mind getting down in the trenches to save one. I don't mind getting dirty, scratched, hurt whatever because never think that an animal is incapable of knowing or giving love. They do not carry baggage. They have no hidden agendas. They have no alterior motives (unless it is that empty stomach). They give pure love. It is a gift. It makes you feel special when they give it to you. You have to earn it. You have to show them you are worthy of their trust and affection especially with cats. The cat is like me. He is aloof. He is on his own. He is capable. He does not show his vulnerabilities. He needs no one and no thing so when he gives his affection, it is a beautiful thing. He could have casually just glanced at you with those "please get out of my sight" thoughts in his eyes. Notice he said please though? That is the cat. Mannerly yet frosty. Yes, that is me too. I do have English ancestry so I suppose I come by my frostiness naturally. Cats are not English. They are an ancient desert creature. They give their love as sparsely as water in the desert. There just is not anything as special as a cat's love to me. It is elegant. Yes, it is my purpose to save the world, however small a  corner of the world it may be. When I leave the world, I want it to be better than when I arrived even if only fractionally. Remember, all love is good love whether it is maternal, paternal, fraternal, romantic or whatever. None is better than the other. None is greater than the other. All love is good. We do not all need all types of it but we all need it in some form. I did not write this on Valentine's Day because I didn't want my love post to be mistaken for romantic love. Romantic love is only one form of dozens of types.

I think I may have posted this video before because I love it so much. Words written by Bernie Taupin who I swear at times must have seen into the deepest recesses of my soul. Sung and performed by Elton John. Actor is Robert Downey Jr.



1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Absolutely perfect for you! Love your attitude of one little step at a time. I've never had a cat but I know what you mean about animal love. The way our dogs looked at us with such trust just melted my heart.