Sunday, February 12, 2012

SheArt to Plug the Fireplace!

Cleaning out and packing is not the only activity I have been up to lately. I have been taking an online class over at The Scarlet Lime. Really, this craft "is me". I am not sure what took me so long to dive off into it but now that I have, I cannot stop. I am truly, madly, deeply addicted to it. Christy suggested the first SheArt girl we make should be one of ourselves. I did that but I have not attached the words to myself which is what really makes it SheArt. I took a picture of what I created but I must confess this picture does not do it justice. What I made is like at least 10 times better than this picture suggests. I am really proud of it which I must say is rare for me when it comes to making 'art'. Usually I do not create much to be proud of in that category. But this time, I am really proud of this and will not be embarrassed to hang it up in my house. I wish you could see really how pretty it is. I will take another picture of it after I get her words on her. Just the right words, of course. I love making these things!

Crummy picture of my beautiful art

I have been busy. I believe a person should keep themselves busy working on constructive and learning projects. Never stop learning. Never stop working. Always improve. There is always room for it.

On another completely different front, we had some drama yesterday. After coming home from the store, I walked into the den just to see Nigel take off into the fireplace and launch himself upward. He clung to something I couldn't see then vanished. Gone! I peered up into the fireplace and he had managed to push open the damper. He was climbing up the inside of the fireplace up toward the roof. As you can probably imagine, I was somewhat panic stricken. I could not imagine how I was going to retrieve that boy. He was heading toward daylight! I was yelling up that fireplace "NIGEL!!!NIGEL". The sound of my screams prodded him upward so I stopped yelling and just sat back on my heels perplexed and worried. Seconds passed seeming like hours then, I heard a couple of boom, booms followed by plunk! And there he was, Nigel lying in the bottom of the fireplace filthy yet completely unscathed albeit significantly adled. Suffice it to say, the fireplace hole is exceedingly, adequately plugged now.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

LOL! That must have been so scary but, now that he's safe, also funny!

Your SheArt is beautiful! The colors are so pretty and the figure is perfectly proportional. Can't wait to see it with the words!