Saturday, February 18, 2012

Using the Box

"Stay in the box" is my new mantra. Well, it is regarding somethings anyway. If my mind is not boxed in, it loses focus. I lose direction. In order for me to make progress in so many ways, I must focus on small aspects. I am so easily overwhelmed. When I am overwhelmed, I am useless.

It goes like this. This year as I have previously mentioned here, I find myself much altered. I am focusing on eating healthy not that I ever ate all that unhealthily. However, much improvement was needed especially in the water drinking category. I can only eat/drink items "in my box". If I am presented with an item not in my box, I do not eat it. So far it has been easy. I am now drinking 96 oz. of water per day. Big improvement!

I have found a new hobby that seems to ring home to me and that is making these She Art girls. I am not sure how long the hobby will last. It will last as long as I continue to get enjoyment out of it. That could be a week, a month, a year, whatever. I doubt it will last a lifetime or even a year knowing my past record. Therefore, I am committed to not buying anything new to persue this hobby. If I only had all of the money I have spent on previous such endeavors, I could probably take a trip around the world. Maybe even two trips! Therefore, I have confined myself 'to the box' again. All of my She Art making junk supplies must fit inside a real box. It cannot spill out. That keeps me from overdoing. I have always relegated myself this way when it comes to jewelry making. Once the jewelry supply box becomes overloaded near to overflow level, I must start making some jewelry using what is in the box or I will not allow myself to buy any new supplies. It works well. I recommend it. Plus, hopefully "using the box" (cat term) will keep my life clutter free in so many ways.

I find "the box theory" does not work with budgeting. The Hope Diamond could easily fit in a box. See, what I mean? But using these other boxes peripherally help to reign in the budget too.

I have started the companion piece to my first She Art girl. There is lots of drying time in this type hobby. That is good for me because I do not have long segments of time to spend doing hobbies. I slap something on the canvas then, go about my merry way. You know, saving the world and such.

This is what I have done so far regarding the companion piece; not much. Stay tuned to see how it evolves and how long this hobby holds my interest.



1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

It's a great background! I like your box idea. I've narrowed down so much in the last year and I love it.