Monday, April 23, 2012

I Made a Memory Bubble!

This past weekend was the weekend of my niece's wedding. Do weddings make you cry? They are supposed to be happy events, right? They are happy events. I only cry when it is someone I am very close to because I see weddings as a milestone marker of which there are many markers in our lives. It is a time of reflection, to take note of the past beautiful moments you have forged with that person. With her, I have forged many beautiful, happy moments. I have never been cross-ways with that girl. I have only ever loved her and supported her. I love whatever she does. She is a very unconventional woman. She is a masterpiece. 

From the time she first texted me that she was engaged, I knew that she would have an unconventional wedding. I must admit at times that I had my doubts about how the wedding would shake out in it's Don Draper-esque style. However, in the end, I can say it was perfect. It was just like her; unconventional yet beautiful. That is how it should be.

I took a whole bunch of pictures with my phone some of which I am sharing here. I created a movie of the pictures using Rob Thomas' song "Little Wonders" as the background music. However, I cannot post that on the web without enfringing on some copyright/royalty laws. I wish I could share it but I cannot. While reviewing these pictures, I realized that my family is made up of a bunch of 'show people'. Most all of them were more than eager to take the stage, sing, speak, whatever.

Anyway, here are a few of my memory bubbles. This is what it looks like when two writers get married, reading their vows to each other and being officiated by one of their former editor's. Please enjoy.



Mother of the Bride-My Sister, Becky

Mema of the Bride
Shelly-My life long friend
Aunt's of the Bride-Teresa and Carla





Tiki lighting ceremony

Cousins of the Bride-My nieces, Victoria and Elizabeth

Singing of Little Wonders-Tears flow

Andrea reads vows

Song

Patrick reads vows

Ring exchange

Editor speaks

Bride

Bride and Groom sing



Father of the Bride-First Toast

Bride listens to Father's toast

Bride and Father sing Margaritaville

Groom listens

My niece, LeaAnn sings

My nieces, Elizabeth and Victoria sing

Beautiful Girl

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, these photos are beautiful and priceless! Love how you made them into circles and the words to the song are lovely and meaningful. How wonderful that so many of your family are singers! You must have had a blast! But, no picture of you?

Blog Archive