Thursday, April 19, 2012

Those Little Scamps

Worn out from a night of destruction
Look at those two innocents lying on their blanket. I say 'their' blanket because that is exactly what that is. I bought that for them and only they use it. 'Wilderness' doesn't exactly describe my style but I digress.

They look sweet, don't they? Well, they are NOT. Those two, Nigel and Jakey, can tear up more stuff in a night's time than I can clean up in a day's time. Honestly, Jake is sweet. He is just following Nigel's lead. Ever heard of the term 'copy cat'? Jakey is a copy cat.

Nigel is not sweet. Really, he is not. Do NOT misunderstand. I love him! Oh, yeah, I love him but he just is NOT sweet. We think he is a manx. He looks like a manx. He acts like a manx but I will let you in on a little something. When that boy bites, I wonder if he is not part bob cat. It hurts like a .....well, it hurts. Even though I love him, he does not love me. Really, he just does not. His emotion toward me more closely resembles hatred. He seems to have trust issues when it comes to humans. He distrusts them even me. I understand. It has never been a requirement of mine that something/someone love me in return. Hey, if I love something, it really doesn't matter to me how they feel back. That is something I learned early on in life. So, I am cool with Nigel not liking me.

Totally unrelated yet interesting, last night, I had a dream. My dad often comes to me in dreams. Quite odd considering I never really knew the man. If I sat down and thought about it, I could compile a list of every time I ever saw or spoke to him. He has been dead for 11 years now. Since that time, I have had many, many dreams about him. I find it so odd but intriguing how the mind works itself out.

In this dream, I met him in a clearing in a vast, tall forest. We met at night. The sky overhead was heavily sprinkled with starlight. 'My' bright and shining moon cast long shadows all around us. My dad says to me "I know 'our' Andrea is getting married this weekend. I saw that from heaven." I say "You are in heaven? hmm. I do not think you can call her 'ours'. You cannot even call me that. You didn't want me, remember?" Dad says "I love you now." I say "It is too late now. Your love cannot help me...now."  Dad says "I am helping and it is never too late. By the way, in heaven, in every tree there is an owl and a hawk." Then, I awoke.

Really? In heaven, do you suppose in every tree there is an owl and a hawk? I suppose there is if that if how God wants it to be.



1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Interesting dream! I've never had one dream about my dad. Not sure why. Maybe no unresolved issues. I was blessed!

And, those two "scamps" are adorable! I so wish my husband wasn't allergic.

Blog Archive