Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We Had a Little Storm

Actually, a tornado went right over my house yesterday. I mean it went right.over.my.house. It did not dip down low enough to take the roof off or take it off the foundation. I was not there to witness it but my neighbor called me to tell me they were taking cover in the bathtub with their parrot. The wind tore up some trees in our yards but that is nothing. Just about a quarter mile from my house, houses were blown off their foundations, roofs torn off, fences gone. I was so, so very lucky. Plus, all of my ferals were accounted for and none were even harmed. One of my coworkers house was completely destroyed. She lives less than a mile from me. I worried about my cats being killed if my house blew away. When I got home, I discovered they had built a nest in one of the bathrooms inside a cabinet under about 20 towels. Now, that is smart, isn't it?

I can walk to this house from my house. Close call!


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Holy cow! You are blessed! I heard about these storms on TV and thought about you. Thanks for the update!

Blog Archive