Saturday, May 15, 2010

Giltter, glitter everywhere and not a speck to sparkle!

I am still trying to master the 'glitter thing'. Uh, it is going to take some effort. Two little ole attempts are just not going to gain me any level of mastery. That is okay though, it will give me a goal. I need goals or I flounder. There is an odd aspect about my personality that my niece seems to have too. We are easily overwhelmed and then, we flounder. For example, put us in a room that needs a severe cleaning, that has items strewn everywhere, floors that need mopping, windows washing, books picked up, furniture needs polishing, everything from top to bottom needs reorganizing and we flounder! We will both wander aimlessly picking up an item, throwing it down again, trying to get a handle on where to begin. However, once we gain focus, we are out of the gates! When I am faced with a situation like that one for example, I have to focus on a small area, then, I know exactly where to begin. I will focus on a 2 feet by 2 feet square and clean that to the maximum! Once I begin making headway in this fashion, the rest falls into place. However, getting that blinder on in order to see a two feet by two feet square is HARD! Okay, back to my glitter attempts...

The crown is supposed to appear as if it is glitterized.

The Beetle is supposed to be glitterized...(not so much, eh?) I am still learning, okay?

These two little vignettes depict me in two different aspects of my life...my dream world and my reality. In my dream world, I am dreaming of elegant, glamorous things. I am dreaming of beautiful clothes and far away places. In my reality, I am off to work and hey, it even appears as if my car my may have a flat tire. But in my reality, it is all good. I never lose sight of that fact.

No comments:

Blog Archive