Thursday, May 27, 2010

Old Style

I found this pattern which was a pattern that I had when I was a teenager. I must have had a dozen tops just like this one because it was such an easy pattern to make. I wore one like it in two years worth of my school pictures. It almost became my trademark. Sometimes we put lace in the center of the bodice when making the pattern, sometimes we put embroidery in the bodice. My blouses were of various fabrics and designs. I loved them because they were so comfortable and I could wear them with my jeans. However, when you are young, comfort is not really that important of a consideration. When you are young, you will hop on one leg for a mile if you think it looks good. I never had a hairstyle like this girl has in this depiction. You know, I do not remember anyone having this hairstyle back then. It seems a tad out of place here in this nod to the 1970's. This looks more like a 1960's hairdo. If I had any of those old blouses now, I would probably tear one up and make a quilt out of it. The years do go by and we grow older with them. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I think of myself as an aging wine. However, I am not a wine connoisseur so I could not really say what kind of wine I am. Maybe I am more of a vintage car. If I was an old vintage car, I would be some kind of big, old chevy probably a station wagon. You know, not all that sexy but can get the job done type.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

This whole post cracked me up!

Blog Archive