Sunday, May 23, 2010

Patterns from the 12th Century?

When I began this, I had every intention of creating something Robin Hood related after seeing the movie today. So tell me. How did I get from medieval Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England to 1920's New York? Friends, that is the beauty of the human mind where you can travel centuries and thousands of miles within milliseconds. (Plus, I could not locate any 12th century patterns for the medieval maiden's attire. I guess they were not so much into patterns back then.) I really like the colors on this one. I have mentioned before but it bears mentioning again that I really love the art deco period especially in jewelry, clothing and architecture design. It is not a design that I would like to pattern my house after but I so do appreciate buildings built during this time period. There is a court house built back during the 1920's not far from where I work that I love to visit for its art deco design. The light sconces in the hallways are hynotic and elegant (two words you do not see together that often). Sometimes I visit it during my lunch period just to take a short mini vacation back in history. This lady may have visited that court house when it was new when she was not visiting the Chrysler building, of course.

No comments:

Blog Archive