Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kite Flying Weather

Along about this time of year when the temperature first approaches 100 degrees, I begin to dream of rain. Believe it or not, it sprinkled here about 30 minutes ago. About 50 rain drops fell on my skylight as I eagerly wished for a deluge. I would have done a rain dance if it would have helped. It soon frittered out. The sun is blazing again and again, I am dreaming of snow and lying on a glacier. About the best I can do though is give this beautiful young lady the hope of a rain storm. She may not get rain but she will get lightening and thunder. If she was Ben Franklin, she would be getting out the kite right about now. I really like the way this one turned out. She looks like she is about to walk out of her universe and over into mine.


No comments:

Blog Archive