Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Place Avenue

I will not ride quietly into the sunset. I plan to kick up a fuss. I am going to cling to, hang on, dig in and do whatever it takes to remember clearly happy memories of my past for as long as I possibly can. Memories fade just as feelings fade. They can become tarnished. Has something wonderful ever happened to you when you thought "I want to remember how I feel right now forever?" Sure, it has. Something like that has happened to everyone. However, I have noticed sometimes the further I get from a memory how it looses its luster and magic. It does not have to be that way.  A person can cultivate a memory. It can always be an avenue that takes you to a happy place just as this does for me. The magic will never fade for me. I can still see it through the tarnish of time. I will not say goodbye.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Quite the nostalgic old girl on this one, eh? Memories are funny things...

Blog Archive