Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Back!!!!

It seems as if I have been away from my blog for ages! I have not been anywhere except stuck in the year 2010 without modern conveniences. Getting 14 inches of snow here creates havoc with the trees. Living in Hicksville USA means that we still have above ground utilities. Oh, I am about to get started on one of my rants and I do not want to go there. I want to think lovely, peaceful thoughts. That is what my blog is for...lovely, peaceful thoughts. I mean, I could move, right? I am always talking about moving but to where? Well, everyone here knows that I want to work at the Library of Congress even if only on a voluntary basis. But that poses a problem...how am I going to work in Washington D.C. without being around snow?  I had finally decided that I wanted to live in Baltimore and commute to Washington. After this bout of snow, I am thinking about Vegas again. But when you think of the academic world, Vegas is not the first city that comes to mind. But then, LOC is not academic either. It is just awesome! Hmmm....I am still in a quandary. I am sure the right place will present itself to me at the right time.

Subject change...back to being 'powerless'. The temperature inside my house was 50 degrees at its lowest. I didn't really have any trouble staying warm. I wore lots of layers and these boots:

Now these boots are warm but let me tell you something. Nigel is scared out of his mind of them. He thinks they are some kind of monster on my feet! When I take them off, he sneaks up on them, stretches out a paw as far as he can and then swats them like he is trying to hit a poisonous snake on the head.
R-Ugg-Ro, right? Everything in the freezer thawed. There was not a super big loss there but it was a mess. Henry licked up some melted popsicle juice.

And now it is time for another New Year! Seems like we just had one, right? All of these "years" remind me of the "truth". Which truth, yours or mine or hers or his? So which new year is the true new year? All of them or none of them? Oh, it is more than my simple mind can comprehend.

I made this one below when I was captive in the icey cold house.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love the Ugs story! Too bad about all the power problems. When that happens here, we at least have gas heat.

Blog Archive