Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Unknown Lady

Old pictures kind of scare me a little bit. Have you ever noticed how the people never smiled in them? They would often have a very stern demeanor in their photographs. I think that is why I do not use vintage photographs that often when making these digis. They do frighten me a tad especially the children. A stern faced child is somewhat unnatural to me. I have many little odd quirks like that...things that give me the heebie-jeebies. I am afraid of tight, enclosed spaces like elevators. The scariest thing to me at first sight though is something huge like a large grain elevator standing in the middle of an open field. I am not sure why that frightens me but it scares me so much that I have to turn away. By now, you are firmly convinced I am stark, raving mad. Perhaps I am, I will not argue it. Anyway, back to the vintage photographs. This lady does not frighten me that much. She has a soft look about her and I like her. I am not sure what her story is though. Maybe she is frightened by telephones or pearls or birds with umbrellas. What do you think?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think she is afraid that phone is going to ring with bad news....like "come in to work today"

Cindy said...

Lisa, I think you are right. I think she has plans to go to a play and she is frightened her boss is going to call to tell her to come to work to cover for someone who is absent.

Blog Archive