Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage Wednesdays

I think I am going to reserve Wednesdays for posts about history or just vintage looking creations. I keep wondering where am I going to fit posts about Nigel in here? Me thinks I may need to keep some open days just in case the boy pulls a stunt that needs to be reported. Of course, I can always stray off the path on any given day. I am just not that regimented. So what about Nigel? Well, he is still actively trying to get ALL of the cabinet doors open even the upper cabinets. I came home from work one day to find that he had absconded with the salt and pepper shakers that had been in the cabinet above the coffee maker. I have seen him 'thinking' about the fridge and "studying" around the gasket that keeps it closed. Now, if he gets that thing open, we have real problems. How will I kitten proof that? Padlock? Safe? The reason I wanted Nigel in the first place is because I had identified him at a very young age as being intelligent. I would see him outside figuring out how things worked. You know how love is...that very thing you love about something is the very thing that will always come back and bite you. Henry is an odd one. Well, Henry is not odd but my attitude about him is odd. For some reason, I think of him as 'adopted' as if these others are not. But I probably go overboard with Henry showing him how much I love him. I do not want him to feel left out of the family. I always struggle to include him on everything and to make Ollie and Nige play with him. I do not have to try very hard to get Nige to play with him. They are pretty much inseparable. Nige and Ollie are some kind of relative to Henry and as best as I can deduce, I think they are his uncles.

Where were we? Oh yeah, vintage...in case you haven't noticed, I seem to be going through a 'brown' phase. I am just in love with brown at the moment. Last month, it was pink. I hope you enjoyed Vingtage Wednesdays with a dash of "thoroughly modern Nige."

I actually think this duet would make a nice little vignette to frame. One of these days soon, I am redecorating my home office space. I may include these two pieces into the scheme of things. I have a large vintage drawing of the Eiffel Tower that is similar in color to these. When I do that, I will take pix to include here on this blog. These pieces here are big. I will have to print them on a plotter.


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

I like these! They are not overdone and the colors are nice and subtle. That barely pink is so pretty!

Blog Archive