Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just Another Day

Something about this digiart that I made makes me think of the Paul McCartney song, "Just Another Day". Although I cannot say precisely what it is about it that causes me to think of that song, the piece does seem to have a daydreaming quality about it in addition to the young lady being dressed in office attire. Plus, the clock in the background appears to be an office clock and it is 9 which I think is 9 am the time most people start to work. The hearts suggest that she has a romantic bent to her nature so perhaps she is dreaming of another life for some other day but today is just another day.
I love hearts. I have a necklace similar to these that is a large white gold puffy heart piece. My necklace involves some scattered stones too but I love that necklace because one side of the heart is a brushed gold while the other side is polished gold. Plus, the chain is 22 inches which makes it adaptable to almost any clothing's neck style. When ever I think of this necklace, I immediately think of an incident regarding it many years ago. While at work, I was in the break room getting coffee. A woman entered stage right that I barely knew and rarely spoke to as we had little need to ever cross each other's paths. She looked at my necklace and exclaimed "Wow! Someone really loves you!" to which I replied "How do you reach this conclusion?" and she said "Because that necklace rocks." I smiled and thought to myself "Not exactly Sherlock Holmes reasoning....".

No comments: