Sunday, June 6, 2010

Spring Goddess

It may be hotter than a desert in this picture but this lady takes her memory of spring around with her. By the way, summer is not my fave season. I know it is not summer yet but it really feels like it. I got up at 6 am today to start watering the yard. Then, later in the afternoon, I almost melted going to the grocery store. Really in the deep summer, I almost end up living like a vampire. I try to do as little as possible out of doors during the daylight hours and save all of the chores for the night hours. I kind of did have fun watering the yard this morning though. I had this spray coming off the sprinkler that was like a mist. I sat up a lawn chair so I could catch the mist in the breeze. It was pretty delightful as I was drinking my coffee and visiting with Sugar Plum. Plus, he and I did some bird watching. We are learning what particular sounds each bird makes. He sure would like to sneak up on one but I would not let him, of course. I have so many of those things called night crawlers in my lawn or just really huge earth worms. They come out at night and apparently fry on the pavement. Come each morning, the birds have a festival eating those things. We have a lot of really fat birds in the neighborhood.

No comments: