Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Don't wish for it; work for it

I think owls are beautiful. Plus, it is a symbol often seen in libraries as an owl stands for wisdom and also for silence. I particularly love the barn owl. The barn owl sees without seeing. Hears without hearing. That is true faith, isn't it? To see without seeing. To hear without hearing.  Once when I was outside late at night, I believe I saw an owl fly very low right over me. The wingspan of that bird was huge! It cast a shadow caused by the full moon across me. Owls are my friends as long as they are not after one of my cats. Then, we might have a parting of the ways.

I have been doing some self excavation recently. I suppose I always am in some way or another. The other day, I became very iritated with myself as for some reason I suddenly felt as if I had just thrown away years of my life. From the time I was 30 until now, I should have taken a way different path than I did and now I just feel like it is time lost. However, I am not going to wallow in that because there is no good that can come out of that line of thinking. All I can do now is make up for lost time and I will. Make hay while the sun shines. I have already begun to do that. Don't wish for it; work for it. An owl would know to do that.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

What beautiful owls! My MIL loves them and has owl stuff all over her house.

I like your attitude about lost time. I feel that way often but, like you said, we can't change the past.

I also went down through and caught up with all your art work I've missed this week. (Company!) Love the vividness of the cat and bird and the exotic-looking Taj Majal. I'd love to visit there, too! (And I hear ya about TV!)

Blog Archive