Thursday, July 1, 2010

They're Gonna Wash Away

I am not sure why I made this particular piece. It is just that I am not using the pattern ladies so I opted for another model. I am really attached to that world it seems. Funny what people associate with happiness, isn't it? Once I had a surgery that I was in that state called "twilight"...not really under but not out of it completely either. I remember hearing the monitor begin to race as my heart sped up. I was having a panic attack. The doctor started talking to me asking if anything was wrong. Somehow I tried to indicate that I was fine when he told me to go to a happy place. Happy place, happy place, where is that I wondered. Suddenly, I saw a model walking down a runway wearing some lovely fashion. In my mind, I pictured an entire fashion show as my surgery continued. Is that odd? Who would think a fashion show would be someone's happy place?
I watch tv while I am making these things. There are two commercials that I really like. One is funny. It is for Orkin. A giant termite tells the homeowner that just answered the door that his car is broken down and he would like to use the phone to call his brother-in-law. He asks if their dining table is oak. I love that commercial. The second one I love the most  is for Dawn dish washing liquid. Little sweet ones are being washed in Dawn while the song "Wash Away" plays in the background. "And I got troubles, oh, but not today. 'Cause they're gonna wash away. They're gonna wash away." I so love that! I wish more people loved and cared for our planet. It is so beautiful and it is the only one we have.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

She reminds me of Twiggy. Love the purple flowers and butterflies! And I so agree with you about our beautiful planet!

Blog Archive