Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life is a Puzzle (To Me)

I am switching topics from star gazer lilies to being an actual star gazer. I love star gazer lilies but I also love star gazing. Have you ever noticed odd little puzzles in your life or what I think of as the building blocks of mystery. For example, it is not odd for a couple of people in the same family to have the same birthday. It is not odd for your phone number to be the same numbers but different order as your house number. An oddity in my own life...all of my managers have always had the same birthday...September 29...different years but the same day. Maybe I should just go on job interviews and ask the manager what their birthday is, then, I will know if it will be a good fit or not.
I love the symbol of a heart. This is why. The sun was passing through the constellation of Scorpius when I was born. Antares, a red supergiant star is the red heart of the scorpion. During the summer months, Scorpius is extremely visible. I can stand in my front yard, early in the evenings and I see Antares shining red and true. It is my touchstone. When I see my Antares, I feel comforted. I know the order of the universe is exactly as it was designed to be. Designed using the building blocks of mystery. The building blocks of mystery to me but the building blocks of complete, perfect knowledge to the Creator.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

For me it's the moon. When I see it in the evening, it just makes me smile and feel like everything is okay with the world.

I like all the star rays!

Blog Archive