Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Really Don't Know Life At All

Along about this part of every summer, I get very tired. That is why my postings have slowed. Yesterday as I was leaving work, I saw some interesting clouds and they got me to thinking.

There is an old song that I admire the words to but I do not really care for the song itself. The song was sung originally in a high, breathy female voice for which I have no appreciation, however, I do appreciate the fact that other people like her sound. ( I am one of those people whose motto should be ‘live and let live’. For example, take snakes. Take them all in fact! I do not like them and personally, do not want one near me. I really do not even want to have to look at one but I am not going out to kill one either unless it starts to do harm to me first. Then, admittedly, I will have to defend myself.) I digress though. Returning to this song analysis, as I said, it pervays some interesting thoughts. The lyrics would indicate that at some point in time, the writer looked at clouds for their beauty. “Ice cream castles in the air, feather canyons everywhere” but upon closer inspection she finds the clouds to “block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone” because she has “looked at clouds from both sides now”. These words speak to me because it is a truth that I understand. Life is an illusion. It harkens back to the words from another childhood song everyone recalls about rowing a boat (life) gently down the stream “life is but a dream”. In the end just like the singer says, it is life’s illusions that I will recall.



No comments:

Blog Archive